Get Your Personalized Mortgage Plan
New Home Buyer
Buying a new home is one of the most exciting times in your life! It can also be a stressful journey if you are not prepared. Securing a mortgage doesn’t have to be a pain. I want you to be informed, educated and have the perfect mortgage for your family and lifestyle.
I am a licensed Mortgage Broker that can provide you with advice about your mortgage, as well as the home buying experience. I represent you – the customer… not the lender. I will always work in your best interest.
Tax Information for New Home Buyers
Tax savings aren’t the only reason to invest in an RRSP. With the Federal government’s Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP), first-time homebuyers have the opportunity to put that tax-free cash towards a new home.
- Each individual involved in the purchase of the home may withdraw a maximum of $35,000 from their RRSP — provided it is the first home for all parties involved (new home buyer is defined as not having the title of a home in your name in the previous four years).
- The home must be used as a principle residence, and all funds must be withdrawn from the RRSP within 30 days of the property’s closing date.
- You have 15 years to repay your RRSP ‘loan’, and payments must start two years after the initial home purchase.
- Every year, you will receive a notice of assessment stating the amount you have repaid, your total balance, and the required amount for your next payment.
- If you have recently divorced there are some exceptions to the definition of “new home buyer” that you may be eligible for.
For more information about the HBP, visit Canada Revenue Agency’s website .
Apply For Your Mortgage Today! Contact Krista.
Most Recent Articles
I often get asked, “How can I improve my credit score?” well there are two most effective ways you can improve your credit. Paying your
Choosing a fixed or variable rate mortgage mainly depends on your situation. If you are looking to save the most amount of money or if